If you’re looking for one of the higher performance coaxial RC helicopters – the Blade CX2 is a great choice.The Blade CX2 is bigger than the mCX and mCX2. It’s still an indoor electric helicopter, but because it’s bigger, you can take it outside on those really calm days and really have some fun. It features a 7.4 volt, 800 mAh Li-Po battery that gives it more power and faster flight.
It has the same coaxial counter-rotating blades as all of the CX models, so the first flight is stable and enjoyable. Find the largest area you can to fly it in, start with a flight simulator OR outdoors in an open area if there is absolutely NO wind.There is also Training Gear available that help avoiding blade strikes.
It takes the stable flight of the original CX and added Spektrums 2.4 GHz DSM technology which removes any interference worries, allowing you to fly with other rc enthusiasts nearby. The 4 in 1 control unit has been updated with improved gyro and tail control which means it gives it better tail response while minimizing drift.
- Includes aluminum head, over-current protection with resettable fuse, 3-in-1 control unit and Spektrums AR6100e receiver
- Flight ready—no assembly required
- Test flown at the factory to ensure proper setup out of the box
- Interference-free, 5-channel E-flite transmitter with Spektrums built-in 2.4GHz DSM technology
- Coaxial, counter-rotating rotor blades
- Two feather-light S60 Sub-Micro servos—just 6.0 grams each
- 2-cell 7.4V 800mAh Li-Po battery pack with Charge Protection Circuitry
- 2 cell DC Li-Po balancing charger and AC adapter
- Most parts compatible with the Blade CX
It has a gyro-like technology for improved cyclic control to improve tail stability and minimizing drift. The counter-rotating blades provide differential rotor speed. As you turn one direction or the other, one blade slows down, allowing it to turn and maintain stability. Also, with this new improved little gem is an AR6100e receiver, aluminum hub and even current protection with resettable fuse.
Setting up the Blade CX2 for the first time will help with this Video Manual.
You can watch a video of the Blade CX2 in action, check it out.
There is also a Police body set you can get for the Blade CX2.